Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Maybe I Need a New Hobby

So with Hagen in Kindergarten I have three hours to myself. I went for a bike ride after he got on the bus yesterday and this is what I looked like when I got home. I was coming down a really steep part with lots of rocks and loose rocks going way fast. A big rock must have made my back tire bounce off balance I went forward and smacked my chin into to huge boulder. It was the hardest, loudest thing I've ever felt. My first thought was that this was it I was dead. I stood up and couldn't tell where the blood was dripping from. Somehow I got back on my bike, made it to my truck, and drove home. I went and had an x-ray of my jaw today and it was only pushed out of place not fractured. I can't chew anything for a week, but atleast it's not wired shut. Everything on the left side of my body is swollen and sore.
Somehow the tip of my finger got sliced off and I'm pretty sure it's broken.
Road rash on my leg, today it is huge and swollen.
My elbow I didn't even notice this until I got home.

5 comments:

Marci said...

That is my WORST fear about getting a bike! Hope ya feel better!

Graciesmom said...

yikes! Hope you feel better soon :)

Riley & Savannah said...

ouch!!! I don't even want to know what pain you are feeling, I hope you feel better soon!

K.Booth said...

Hey, Hey I found your blog, thanks for commenting on my blog, it has helped to boost my blogger confidence. I am kind of scared to go biking w/ you..... is first aid knowledge required??I always wanted to be rough and tough just like you! Ha! Ha!

Sharee said...

Oh my, that is awful. So sorry... it really looks painful. Although biking is so much fun. Thanks for your comment, its nice to know you have friends close by. Thanks feel better soon.