Saturday, February 28, 2009

Skiing!!!

My poor, deprived kids finally got to go skiing yesterday. They have been begging all year to learn, I just kept putting it off. Hagen and I had a funny conversation about learning to ski about a month ago. He came home from school one day saying that his friend told him if he wanted to do ski lessons then he had to go on that day. I told him we didn't need someone else to teach him to ski and that I could teach him. He replied "Ya like some dumbass". I was laughing too hard to get mad at him because it sounded exactly like something his dad would say. So yesterday we proved we didn't need some dumbass to teach him to ski! All it took was some edgie wedgies and me and my niece Taylor.

Kendell stopping to smile for the camera. She said skiing was even funner than she thought it would be. She did so good!


Taylor and Hagen on the lift



Kendell's self portrait on the lift



4 comments:

Becky Lewis said...

Good Job Mom! Hope you don't mind, I put a link to you on our blog.

K.Booth said...

K I am still laughing at hagen's Dumb A comment -hilarious!!! Way to get those little kiddies up on the slopes..............Nordic has not changed in Twenty years!! A flood of memories always come rushing back each time I go up there, fun to think our kids will experience those same "good times!"

Sharee said...

I am laughing so hard. That is really funny that he would say that. We haven't been skiing for about 3 years now, it looks really fun.

JeNeal Martinez said...

I am so jealous!! I need to take my kids up soon, maybe just Ty. I still laugh so hard when I think of Hagey saying that... and I can't help but hear it in Kacey's voice!! I wonder where Hagen would learn such a thing??